Thursday, November 19, 2009

2 months - ouch!

So today was the first pediatrician appointment that I've had to go to sans Scott. I suppose I should get to used to the feeling because he has a job now and won't be able to go to many, if any, appointments with us anymore.

This was also the first time I had to witness my son experience the pain of shots! (He had a couple things done to him at the hospital, but I couldn't see him or hear him when those happened.)

Today was Alexander's 2 month appointment, so he had 3 shots and 1 oral vaccine. I had been going nuts with nervousness for about a week straight because I was so worried that he would scream bloody murder and never forgive me for making him go through the pain! All morning I was trying to assure him that this was for his own good and that the pain is just temporary but will prevent lots more terrible things from happening to him...Alas, just like every mom who's done this before knows, he did scream a little (not quite bloody murder) and he seemed to quickly forgive me. As soon as I picked him up after the shots he quieted right down and slept the whole way home!

A few quick stats from the appointment:

-"height" (that's for you, husband): 23 inches
-head circumference: 40 1/2 centimeters
-weight: 11 pounds 14 ounces


This could be a potentially "bad mom" moment. I took this picture (notice my feet at the bottom right) just to show the poor little guys 3 bandaids on his legs. He obviously didn't think it was worth it...










Just a picture of our super happy 2 month baby boy! Man we love this kid!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Oh he is just SO CUTE!!! I'm glad the shots weren't too traumatic for you! The worst part is you have to keep going and going and going! All they do is get vaccines for the whole first year! Hope he is sleeping okay for you. Doing it alone overnight when they are so little is tough! My advice (not that you asked!) just co-sleep until Scott gets back and don't feel guilty about it in the least. He is way to little to remember anyway!