Thursday, January 27, 2011

16 months (and almost a week - whoops!)

Like everyone else in the world, this last month has been very eventful in the Rezsnyak family! There were all of the Christmas and New Year activities complete with family and friends that we were so excited to see (feels so far away, doesn't it?), our continued search for (and maybe finding of) a new church to attend, a "reunion dinner" with our old Bible study, a birthday dinner for Grandpa Borek and so much more!

The most recent fun has been a week-long stretch of the stomach bug that has apparently been sweeping the nation. It certainly had a hey day in our home - I am SO thankful that Alexander seems to be back to a normal kid today and I am SO thankful that I might be done with doing multiple loads of laundry every day because of puke & poop everywhere. Man, that got old fast.

Anyway, we have had so much fun just living life and are seriously enjoying watching Alexander learn and grow and change every single day. 

There haven't been stats in quite a few months, so without further ado, here they are (from his 15 month appt. which just happened about a week ago, even though he's actually 16 months...):

weight: 22.12 lbs (20th percentile)
height: 33 in. (89th percentile)
head circumference: 48.5 cm. (no percentile given)

It looks like he'll be tall and lean! 

What he's up to:

-WALKING!!  (there's been a video posted on Facebook so you might have seen the big surprise already, but I'll post it again when it's picture time at the end of this)

-blowing his nose (and, for some reason, using the same tissue or cloth right away to clean something like a countertop or floor. Weird.)

-brushing his teeth (even spitting in the sink when he's done!)


-talking from the second he wakes up to the second he's asleep

-drawing/coloring (Keep your pens out of sight because this kid is obsessed - just ask Uncle Andy!)

-taking the top on and off of anything that has a top for what seems like hours at a time

-melting my heart by calling me "mommy"

-helping me cook any chance he can (he really loves to stir!)


There's so much going on that it's hard to keep track of it all, but we're busy and having fun! Here is some photographic evidence (captions provided by Scott this month):

My favorite coffee cup! I finally have one!
Back in my laboratory we are learning about science!
Uncle Andy...need I say more. Well, at least I know he loves me!
My very first Chinese meal, and it was homemade!
Uncle Andy showing me his super cool model train layout at the MOST!

I got really sick, and Papa had to stay up really late with me... I puked on him three time!
WHAZUUUUUP! ...oh, that's not cool anymore?
This really great action shot Mama took, I'm just drinking.
Mama and Papa think my curls will go away if they cut my hair, it's getting pretty long. Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.
My first time out playing in the snow... it's pretty cold.
Face plant - Don't just stand there and take a picture, HELP ME!

HE WALKS!


No comments: