Thursday, May 20, 2010

a jam-packed miscellaneous post

(Stephanie again!)

Hi all,
First off, thank you so much for all of your awesome advice on pinching pennies - we really appreciate it! I have to clarify that I did cancel my Facebook page several weeks ago, but this blog is linked to Scott's "FB" account so it shows up there. I read your comments when they come through to our e-mail. Thanks again for taking the time to help us out!

Okay, so Alexander turned 8 MONTHS OLD (almost 2 weeks ago...) and here's a quick update:

We haven't had another appointment since the weight check on May 4th, but we should be having a 9 month appointment in a month or so.

Likes:
-sunlight and the shadows that are created by it.
He loves watching light move around the room and seems to try to figure out the source of the light spot. It's so awesome watching him think and try to piece things together.




-food.

He is such a great eater!










-his piggy bank
It makes him laugh every time he sees it!

-standing
I'm completely convinced that he is going to walk before he crawls. He shows no interest in crawling whatsoever, but once you put this boy on his feet in any way, you can't stop him!


Dislikes:
-the vacuum
Alexander has a really bizarre and seemingly debilitating fear of the vacuum. It used to be in our bedroom where he could see it when he was in the doorway jumper and he would take jumping breaks to stare it down. I moved it to our "dining room" the other day to see if he would be as scared of it in a different location and sure enough, he clings to us when he sees it. He even still does a complete scan of our bedroom looking for it. So, if you come over, you'll know why the floors are dirty...(I'm working on an excuse for the dishes and laundry, too!)

-when his parents have "bad parent" moments that cause him pain
Weird that he dislikes this, I know, but here's the story...
Scott was first (phew!) with accidentally incurring physical harm. 90% of the time, Alexander does not tip over or backwards when he's sitting, but he was sitting up on the kitchen floor and there was no "just in case" pillow behind him and WHAM! From what I hear (I was at work), he snuggled up with his Papa and did one of those terribly sad cries that makes you never want to let him go!

And on his 8 monthiversary of all days, I pinch his poor tiny pointer finger in the buckle on the high chair. I had done it to myself a few weeks ago and knew that it hurt so, so bad and I have been very careful to keep Alexander's hands away, but he's so quick and snuck his left hand in there before I realized it. It even broke skin! I picked him up immediately and the same scenario happened with the scream and snuggle. Our poor little man!

And here's what our friend Gwenn would call a "photo barf" of things that have been going on in our lives:














Scott flying a kite at his Mom & Greg's house


















all bundled up for the snowy weather (on Mother's Day!!)


















our first loaf of homemade bread!


















Alexander's first Hanes socks. Oh boy are they cute!























Is this kid cool, or what?


















Happy 8 monthiversary to me!



















Hanging out on a hot day.



















My very first attempt at something creative in Alexander's room!


















Even though he isn't flashing a smile right here, Alexander LOVES to "brush" his "teeth!"























So happy to be celebrating Great Grandpa Irwin's 80th birthday!


















enjoying the sunset on Oneida Lake at Grandma & Grandpa Borek's where we had a GREAT time camping on Memorial Day weekend!



















You'll have to look closely, but this is a picture of Alexander laying back in the stroller with his feet up and his finger up in the air as if he's calling a waiter over. What a goof!























Papa and his boy wading in the chilly morning water


















My two favorite men taking a nap in the tent. Ah...I love my family!


















Alexander in the pack and play while we take down the tent and clean up our "campsite!"

The end!

2 comments:

GrandMOTHER said...

wow! You have some awesome photos in the "Jam-packed" session!! I especially love the Mother/Son sunset shot... priceless!!! I would like a copy please!!! Glad you had a good time!! What a super little man Alexander is turning into... he has to with his two doting parents!
Love to all GrandMOTHER

MmBex said...

This makes me miss you guys and NY way too much. I can't believe how big he has grown!!! I mean, I can believe it...that's what babies do...it's just shocking to see the difference between now and Christmas.