Monday, September 21, 2009

Alexander Carlton Rezsnyak

The story: Stephanie's water broke at 1130 Friday night as we were brushing our teeth after a long and, for us, late night. Being cautious we called the doctor, she said that it probably wasn't the bag of waters, but to monitor closely to be sure. Stephanie had her first mild contraction at 1255, they were occurring about once every 20-25 mins. After about an hour and a half of that we, or rather, she decided it was time to go! We checked in at Crouse Hospital at 245, the preliminary check in triage said that she was 4cm, which seemed pretty awesome to me. We now had confirmation that she was most certainly in labor. Contractions came and went with more frequency and more intensity as time passed. At about six o'clock or so Stephanie had dilated to 7-8cm! Things were progressing nicely. Then out of the blue, and without warning around 630-645 she felt like she had to push! Diane, her mother and newly crowned GRANDmother, told me that this phase of labor could last anywhere from one to four hours OR MORE. I was crushed, thinking that my wife would have to go through such agony for so long, little did I know that she, or perhaps more accurately God the Sovereign had very different plans.



On September 19th 2009 Alexander Carlton Rezsnyak joined the world of the breathing at 703am! Weighing in at 7lbs. 3oz. and 20 inches tall! Both he and his mother are doing phenomenal. We could not have ever expected the birth to have gone nearly as awesome as it did. God has blessed us so greatly! Praise the LORD!


see more photos at: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=155584&id=501514376&l=00172f27ad

3 comments:

Gwenn Mangine said...

God is gracious. What a great birth story! I no longer take it for granted that someone has a healthy child. I am so happy for you guys... SO HAPPY. I can't wait to meet the little guy...

Becky said...

Congratulations!!! I have to say I'm a little jealous of this L&D!! Steph looks freaking fantastic post delivery and your baby is precious, I can already make out bits and pieces of each of you. I think he is going to have Steph's smile! I'll be home for a week in early November, maybe I can meet him?

Amy said...

Congratulations! He is very cute. Glad all went well for you guys! :)