Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Ghana Mission Trip

August 5th 2009

Dear Friends and Family,

As some of you may know by now, I am planning be a part of a missions trip to Ghana in November. This will be my first overseas mission trip and I am very excited about the opportunity. I will try to make this letter as short and to the point as possible.

The trip will include many facets of missionary work such as:


  • Distributing mosquito nets and other tools for reducing Malaria,

  • Distributing anti-parasitic medicine,

  • Follow-up with villages that have recently had wells dug (bore holes) for fresh, clean water,

  • Visiting and researching new villages to dig more bore holes,

  • Visiting the Brilliant Academy, a school that provides a low cost education to children that would otherwise go without. This visitation would include possible construction projects, time spent with the children, as well as meeting with the educators (which are the equivalent of high school graduates) to see if there are any resources that we can provide to help them educate, which could include training,

  • Pastoral conferences that will include pastor training and small group discussions that will cover a wide variety of topics including addictions,

  • Looking into more opportunities for the micro-loan program,

  • Reaching people with the Gospel, trying to meet both the Spiritual and Physical needs of the people of Ghana.


This is not a comprehensive list by any means, but I'm sure you can tell already that there is a lot of work that needs to be done. There is one more thing that strikes a chord in my heart, and that I believe God has called me to get involved with: some families in Ghana are impoverished to the extent that they are left feeling that they have no choice but to sell one or more of their children into slavery so that they can provide for the rest of their family. We have a contact in Ghana that we hope to get in touch with to see how we can help, to do whatever we can to save some of these children from this awful injustice.


I'm asking you to be a part of this mission trip with me by financially supporting my journey. As you can imagine, the cost to get to Ghana, Africa in not an inexpensive one. When you include air fare, proper documentation to travel between countries, and vaccinations (both required and strongly recommended) we're looking at a cost of about $3000.00. This cost is staggering if we were left alone to cover it ourselves as a family and that's why I'm extending my hand, in humility, to ask you if you are willing to help me get there.


If you would like to be part of this mission through your financial support, please send a check to:

Eastern Hills Bible Church

4500 Pewter Lane Bldg 8

Manlius, NY 13104

Attn: Office Manager


Please make your check payable to Eastern Hills Bible Church and write “Scott Rezsnyak – Ghana” in the memo line. All contributions are tax deductible. Any money raised beyond that which is necessary will go directly to support the people of Ghana (e.g. more nets, school supplies etc.). While money is important, it comes in a distant second to my need for your prayer support. Since prayer support is so important to the success of this mission, I would like to know if I can count on you in that area.


To Reach Those Out of Reach,

Scott.

No comments: